Welcome back to a new school year. A special welcome to all our new junior infants and to all the children who have joined us from other schools around the country and around the world!!
I am delighted to be working with such a talented and committed staff. Welcome to our new teacher Mr. Giles and to our new SNA’s Lynn, Sinead & Terri. We are sorry to lose Mr. Gleeson from our staff. We thank him for all his dedication shown to our school and to the children of the parish. We wish him well for the future.
Schools depend on the support of parents and your support has been the primary reason that we have achieved so much in the past. I am excited to be working together with parents, parents council, pupils and staff in moving the school forward. I look forward to a great school year!
- Mr Manning, Mr. Crowe, Mr. Leen & Mr. Giles are running an School Gaelic League starting soon. The Gaelic League offers an opportunity for all of our students from 3rd to 6th to participate in a fun activity, while developing their football skills. The league will run on Tuesday afternoons from 3-4pm in Ballymastone GAA grounds. We would like to thank St. Patrick’s GAA for the generous use of their grounds. Gaelic league will start next week. Sport is for all, do encourage your son to get involved. There is a part for everyone to play.
- Following on from the success of the Junior GAA Team we have entered our school into a Cumann na mBunscol League. This is a competitive league and will span all of Dublin. It will only involve a small squad of players and will run concurrently with our School Gaelic League to allow everyone to participate in Gaelic football. Further information on fixtures will be given to the team.
- A number of our students have severe allergies to nuts or kiwis. I would ask you not to send in nuts in any form to school.
- Our Hospice Coffee Morning , for St. Francis Hospice in Raheny, will take place on Thursday 14h September in the school hall from 9am. All donations of cakes gratefully received.
- A special word of thanks to our Parents Council for all their hard work over the summer with the book rental scheme. Thank you to Ms. Fogarty for co-ordinating the scheme. There was a lot of work involved in organising this scheme and I really appreciate all their efforts.
- Extra curricular activities will be up and running in the school very shortly, more information will follow over the coming weeks.
- Congratulations to all our past pupils who completed their Junior and Leaving Certificate, visit https://maidnearme.ca for more info. Everyone in the school are very proud of their achievements.
- Please take care when parking near the school. Be considerate of our neighbours and do not park so as to obstruct residents access to their homes. Dogs are not allowed on the school premises. Please walk with bikes & scooters within the school grounds. This is particularly important for very young children.
- As part of our Green Schools Programme I would ask everyone to use reusable lunch boxes and to please take home your packaging and where possible recycle. Our healthy eating policy is on our website.
- Children should not be on the school grounds before 8.45a.m. Children will be supervised in the school hall from 8.45a.m. until 9a.m. The school cannot accept responsibility for children outside of these times.
- Tá súil agam go mbeidh an scoil bhliain seo fiúntach agus sonasach dúinn go léir.