We hope you enjoy using Aladdin Connect.
Our school is delighted to announce that we will shortly roll out the Aladdin Schools Connect App to parents/guardians of children who have joined our school this year.
The school has for many years used the Aladdin Schools software service www.aladdin.ie for administrative purposes and, when fully rolled out, Aladdin Connect will give you secure access to messages from the school and to details of your child’s attendance, test results, reports cards etc. via secure login from your internet browser or Aladdin Connect App.
Aladdin Connect is a fantastic way to enhance a school’s communication with parents. Once fully rolled out, it enables parents to stay connected and informed about their child’s education by:
– Allowing parents view their child’s approved report card.
– Ensuring that the school has their most up to date contact information
– Allowing schools to gather permission(s) from parents
– Allowing parents to quickly and efficiently select preferred slots for parent teacher meetings
– Keeping parents apprised of their child’s attendance
– Keeping parents up to date on school and classroom news via notice board messages
– Allowing parents to view what items their child had for homework today
– Keeping parents up to date on what library book their child is currently reading and if it is due/overdue to be returned
– Allowing parents to view their child’s latest standardised test results
Along with strengthening our home/school partnership, we also envisage Aladdin Connect helping the school by:
– Helping to improve attendance by allowing parents to keep track of any school days their child may have currently missed, along with late arrival and early leaving information.
– Helping to reduce the amount of class/school notes being sent home
– Helping the school/ teachers communicate with parents when the need arises
– Reducing costs by eliminating the need to send school report cards by post
– Reducing costs by reducing the number of text messages that need to be sent
You can rest reassured that Aladdin Schools uses state-of-the-art security to safeguard information entered by the school and data is stored and processed in strict compliance with Irish and European data protection laws.
In the next few days, you will receive a text/email message containing your registration link. There will be one link per parent which will allow the parent to access information for all their children in the school from one user account. Please do not forward this text/email or share this link as this is a unique registration code for each parent for your child/children in this school. During registration you will choose a password that will be used in conjunction with your email address to securely access the Aladdin Connect going forward. Once you are registered you will be sent an email with links to download the Aladdin Connect App for your mobile device. The main advantage of using the App is to receive immediate alerts for app messages sent by your school. Downloading the App is highly recommended to enhance both the parent and school’s Connect experience.
In preparation for this, please let the school know if your email address or phone number has changed recently. This can be done by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: If there are any personal concerns, or legal provisions in place regarding giving access to Connect to any parent/guardian of your child please contact the school in confidence to discuss or restrict access as required.
We hope that you enjoy using Aladdin Connect. Your class teacher, Denise/Claire or myself will welcome any feedback or questions you may have. Please contact us via email@example.com and put Connect in your subject bar of your email.
Please see some links/tips below that will help you.
How to register for Aladdin Connect Parent signup for Connect
How to set up Aladdin Connect setup-app-parents-v4
How to use Aladdin Connect use-app-parents
How to complete a Pupil return to school form using Aladdin Connect.
The Return to School Declaration form can be filled in via Aladdin Connect (App or browser). Should your son be marked absent from school, or if your child is returning to school after a school closure, you will see that this form is available to fill out from the Aladdin Connect App homepage via the “Attendance Notes” section.
Please complete this form anytime after 3pm on the day before your child is ready to return to school, or before they arrive to school on the day they are returning.
If you are having any problem with this process, click here for a copy of a Pupil return to school declaration form. You can download, fill in and bring to school on return.
How to reset your password Click here to view the cheat sheet.
If you are a parent / guardian using Aladdin Connect, you can reset your password by clicking the “Forgot your password” link on the Aladdin sign-in screen. You can do this from the desktop or from the app sign-in screen.
Note: If you are using the forgot your password link you must use the same email address that you used to register for Aladdin Connect. Bear in mind that this may be different to the email address the school normally uses to contact you. If you are having difficulty resetting your password using the forgot your password link, the school can reset it for you, but in this case you will need to re-register for Aladdin Connect.
How to book a parent teacher meeting Booking a parent teacher meeting